The network of women with board of directors training
The most successful source of recruitment for female board members since 2011
The valuable potential of women is still being underused on board of directors. The Female Board Pool’s goal is to considerably increase the proportion of competent and dedicated women on the boards of directors of companies to bolster its effectiveness.
“The network of talented, board-ready women that Female Board Pool offers to the business community is essential. There is still work to do to increase the share of female senior executives in Luxembourg. I strongly believe that having more women at top level is good for society and is good for business. Boards that combine male and female approaches make better, more sustainable decisions.
ING has partnered with Female Board Pool and Mrs. Knott for years. We gladly recommend the program and the professional approach towards candidates and companies for their quality.”Colette Dierick,
What is the “Female Board Pool” initiative?
- A local initiative, supported by the non-profit MCMC a.s.b.l., connected internationally and founded on the research of the Centre for Corporate Governance at the University of St. Gall, Switzerland
- A database of more than 800 profiles of “board-ready” or “board-experienced” women from all sectors: private, public and non-profit associations, asserting skills and experiences in all aspects
- An initiative endorsed since 2010 by the Luxembourg Ministry of Equality between women and men and run in meantime in Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark.
The Female Board Pool’s mission
The Female Board Pool aims
To small and medium size companies, organisations of the public sector and non-profit associations a highly competent and professional support is offered
Candidate profiles who are compatible with the pre-defined requirements are transmitted to the respective companies and organisations
In Luxembourg, this service is provided free-of-charge to all entities (due to a financial agreement with the Ministry of Equality between women and men since September 2014)
With the support of our ambassadors, Monique Bachner for the legal training at our seminars and Anne Canel, for the Female Board Pool LinkedIn group for candidates.
The INTERNATIONAL FEMALE BOARD POOL initiative is connected to the International Board Foundation (icfcg.org) and its Swiss Board School/IMP of the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland and is endorsed and financially supported by the Ministry of Equality between Women and Men (MEGA) in Luxembourg.
profiles requested by entities
submitted candidate profile
- 18. January 2024 @ 8:30 - 17:00
- 22. March 2024 @ 10:00 - 18:00
- 25. April 2024 @ 8:30 - 17:00
For companies searching for female candidate profiles for a board mandate:
For experienced or future board members, ready to take on (more) mandates:
Subscribe to our newsletter
MY FREE MP3,